A Complete Guide to Buy an Ideal Essential Oil Diffuser
It is hard to decide what diffuser can be the right one for your home or workspace. It is a confusing and long process. Whenever people get ready to buy something they look for the reviews, the pros and the cons to make a decision. It s a tedious work, but when it comes to choose an essential oil diffuser you can particularly take the following steps to choose a diffuser:
- All of the diffuser comes with certain flaws and some annoying features as well
- You can find no perfect diffuser with every possible feature
- The diffuser you use can be the best depending on your planned usage
You must ask three questions to yourself before buying an essential oil diffuser
- What do you want your diffuser - to freshen up the air simply or help you to sleep better or for a number of therapeutic uses?
- Where do you want to use it? How large is your room?
- When you are going to use it by the night, afternoon?
Answering those questions will help you to narrow down the search and thus making your decision simpler. You would come across many different models of diffusers in the market but the all falls under the four major categories –
- Nebulizing diffusers
- Ultrasonic or humidifying diffusers
- Evaporative diffusers
- Heat diffusers
In this blog, we are going to help you reckon their pros and cons respectively so that it will help you to gain a refined search result and choose the best diffuser for your home.
They transform the essential oils into a near gas like substance without using heat or water. It is able to release atomized oil particles that are super fine and easily absorbed, inhaled or utilized by the body. One of the preferred ways to diffuse the essential oil in the air that you should not diffuse more than employed. You should not diffuse more than 15 minutes so that you do not become immune to it.
- Helps to permeate the air quickly for several hours
- The whole oil comes out to the air to benefit users with therapeutic value
- Has a humming sound so do not care about the noise, as it act as almost a white noise
- Comes with low maintenance cost
- Comes with a humming sound since it is powerful and quickly starts saturating the air with essential oils
- Uses oil much faster
2. Ultrasonic Diffusers
They use a small disk under the surface of the liquid and vibrate at different ultrasonic frequencies to spread the micro fine particles that will easily disperse the water and oil in the air.
- It does not require much oil
- Its quiet and humidifies the air at the same time
- Able to create a soft fog
- Many models comes with a dim, soft light or rotating colors to have a claiming effect
- Requires higher maintenance, you need to clean most models after every use of the oil
- It cannot spread the smell over a large area, it is meant for the use inside a small room
3. Evaporative Diffusers
The evaporative diffuser is the one that is able to heat the element and distributes the scent. Elements such as filter, wick, or pad that has essential oils dropped onto it heats up thus evaporating the oil.
- Very simple and easy to handle
- Works well to spread the smell of the oil in the entire room
- Easy to change the oils
- Very quiet
- Does not provide the same therapeutic benefits life ultrasonic or nebulizers diffusers
- Cannot evaporate the whole oil at once, as the lighter components evaporates faster whereas the heavier components are much slower thus diminishing the therapeutic properties of the oil.
- Scent vanishes quickly and fails to fill the large areas
4. Heat Diffusers
In this device, the oil evaporates in the air using heat. You simply need to place the oil in a small tray or bowl-like object that has a light, candle or heating element under to heat the oil and diffuse it into the air.
- Perfect for the use in a small area
- Requires low maintenance
- Portable for the travelers
- Does not make noise
- If used with a candle it is able to set a romantic ambience
- It is not powerful as a diffuser
- Not good for large rooms
- The aroma does not last longer
- If heated too much the oil composition breaks down
* If you are looking for essential oils, you may refer my favourite here:
Cick here to find more essential oils ! Have fun ...!